Monday, April 12, 2010

Thought For Today - 4/12/10














I was so swamped with work, family, and social obligations for several years. The the first thing I let slipped from my to-do list was my personal Yoga practice.

Many people including myself bump their home practice or weekly Yoga class to make time for duties that seem more time-sensitive. I always thought I could unroll my mat later, when my schedule opens up, right?

Well, the problem was, during my busiest times is when I needed Yoga to help me unwind and de-stress. Later didn't come around that often. And I was not doing myself or my (to-do list) any favors by putting off a practice that nourishes and invigorates me.

I actually gave up a few classes where I can now practice with my teacher a couple of times a week. And, just in case you were like me thinking "What about the income not being generated if I'm taking 2-3 classes of Yoga per week instead of working?" God will provide!:)

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: