Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thought For Today - 4/8/10














Since I have been practicing Yoga going on six years (very short time) my relationship have been transformed. I learned to look at myself, including the parts of me that was not growing.:)

After learning to do this physically, with discomfort in an asana, I was able to do this emotionally. In fact, one of the emotional things I had to rid myself of was the idea of a soul mate.

I found the very term “suggests there is another half who was going to complete me.” However, becoming more spiritual and my relationship with God sky rocketing, the thing that became most important to me was to be free and to love others, not to be looking for love.

I know now because I am content without a soul mate, now she just might be easy to find.:) I believe when I let go of the desire for someone to complete me, only then can I be truly open to what’s right for me.

Much love,
Joseph

1 comment:

Amy B. said...

Thank you for your honesty, Joseph. The one constant, besides God for those who believe, (human) in our life from birth until death is ourselves. This often overlooked truth can be a lonely, and terrifying path to contemplate. The continual void in our soul ( and I believe we all have this) requires our willingness to open our hearts with faith and courage. Then we will truly be filled with love, peace, and joy. Much peace to you, Amy B.