Friday, February 4, 2011

Thought For Today - 2/4/2011











Looking at the situations that is going on in our local, national and international community has taken its toll on many.

I have noticed that when I talk to some individuals about spiritual things such as faith - faith in God, they look at me right in the face with a blank expressions. They act as if they don't hear a word I'm saying. It is like I am not speaking to them at all.

But, if I change the subject and start talking about the local or world events I get an immediate response.

It seems like it is easy to hear about troubles, despair, etc. These things are all around us. But, personally I do not surround myself with the world's bad news. I do not watch TV nor read the newspaper.

However, I do make is a point to surround myself with God's Word and what He is doing. What God is doing is more than what darkness is doing! The key I have found is to respond to God's Word regarding all circumstances, not be in fear, worry or anxiety.

Through God's Word is where we draw strength!

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: