Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thought For Today - 2/1/09

If you can't say something good, if you haven't grown spiritually strong enough yet to respond with words of faith for situations that come into your life, you shouldn't say anything at all.

You should just be quiet!

Otherwise, you will keep opening your big mouth and talking yourself right out of the blessing of God.

God is not going to force us to be quiet. He doesn't have to. He has already completed the work of salvation through Jesus. He has fulfilled His promise to mankind.

Now He is giving us a choice.

We can either choose life or death. We can choose to believe the Word of God or not. We can choose to take heed to the Word of God or take heed to our circumstances. We can choose to be quiet about those circumstances or we can yap on and on about how awful they are.

It it totally up to you.

If we'll make the right choices and follow God's instructions in His Word, we will be amazed how powerful His Word will work for us in every area of our lives.

Much love,
Joseph

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Joseph- you rock! I have been attending your saturday yoga glass in murphy for about 4 weeks now and am just hooked!!! I loved your posting today- sometimes everyone needs a reminder to think before they speak or act. That is my favorite part of yoga in that it forces me to be silent, and think before I move. What a concept!!!

I will take your kind advise and have myself a little protein bar before yoga, as I insist on torturing myself in that fabulous latin class just before our yoga session!

Much love back at ya
Shannon