Monday, January 12, 2009

Thought For Today - 1/12/09

Jesus said, “In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you]” (John 16:33, The Amplified Bible)

Jesus stated a fact of the world’s bad news and followed right up with the truth of His good news!

I realized, with every problem I have a choice. I can lie down and let the facts of that problem trample over me, or take my stand by faith, believe the truth of Jesus’ Word and receive His overcoming victory.

I decided no matter what the tribulation, trial, distress or frustration, I would not cross the line back into darkness or its’ arena, and I would not let darkness and its’ arena take over mines.

I drew the line and took my stand on Jesus’ side. It was the best decision I ever made!

Much love,
Joseph

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just finished your class this morning in Murphy. I have been consistently impressed with how challenging - and beneficial - it has been for me as I try to improve my health. (I have RA and am working on strengthening my joints.) Then I came to the website to look at the DVDs and discovered your blog. You have no idea how encouraging it is for me to see a fellow Jesus-follower doing this. It only made me more determined to keep coming back - ministry such as this deserves my support! (And we'll still probably buy the DVDs, too.) :)
God bless you and the work you do!