Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thought For Today 1/4/09

Some people feel self-sufficient. They think they are smart enough or talented enough to do things on their own. Though they may have some good results, they will never see the supernatural results they would if they were dependent on God!

For me, self-sufficiency is not a temptation. Pretty much everything I do is impossible, so I have to begin every day dependent on God, His Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I have to start my day off with connecting with God. I have to talk to Him about the things I will face that day. I cannot afford to step out of my home before I have spent time with God!

The same is true for you. Become so dependent on God that when you encounter for example, financial trouble, you will not run to your banker – you will run to God!

The more you depend on God, the more you open the door for God to be active in your life. It is your (our) dependency on Him that clears the way for Him to move in your life. Don’t make any decisions by yourself. You do not know the future. Lean on the Holy Spirit. He knows what is ahead!

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: