Monday, April 20, 2009

Thought For Today - 4/20/09

Many years ago, I never knew how much I blamed myself for situations. I never knew how much shame and self-contempt I picked up from those situations I had been through until I learn how to forgive myself.

I had to learn to love myself, forgive myself, accept myself - all of which feel different from actually judging myself. Many of us have lived with so much judgment of ourselves that we take these feelings for granted. We just think that is how we are suppose to feel. Until we do forgive ourselves, we will not realize how much we need to, and how good, how great, how absolutely terrific that feels!

Forgiving ourselves reconnects us to the world, to God, to ourselves. We can forgive ourselves for what we have done wrong, what we have done badly, and what we think we could have done better.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: