Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Birthday is Today - 5/30/09











Today, I celebrate 52 years of life! I have so many things to be thankful for such as life, health, friends, two fine boys, a grandson, home, vehicle, opportunities to generate income and Yoga. However, the greatest thing I'm most grateful and thankful for is God, His Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Over 30 years ago I took God at His Word. I confessed that Jesus is Lord. I believed in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. I began to thank Jesus for coming into my heart, for giving me His Holy Spirit as He promised and for being Lord over my life.

I made a decision that I would live a holy life unto God. Living a holy life is not easy and has not been easy. One just can not coast along doing what everyone else is doing and be holy. It takes determination. It takes effort. It takes submitting yourself to God when, naturally speaking, you might want to do something else.

There were times, deep inside, I knew I was not giving God top priority - not living a holy lifestyle. Today, May 30, 2009, that decision has been made to be holy! The decision has been made to live unto God. The rewards are rich. "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." Hebrew 12:14

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: