Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thought For Today - 5/28/09













Choices are really simple. We make them challenging. At least I did. Several days ago, I spend some quiet time away from work, cell phone, email, etc. As I got quiet, God spoke to me saying that connecting with Him is a simple choice. All it requires is giving myself to His Word every day of my life - hearing and obeying what He has to say to me personally in the Word and being diligent to keep it in my heart.

God stated spending time with Him who loves me is simple. His Word, coming from His heart to mines, is the source of my blessed life.

My time is the most valuable thing I have and however I decide to spend it determines how my life will play out. When I spend time every day in the Word and in prayer, I set myself up for God to work out His detailed plan for my life.

Having a regular time and place for a daily reading schedule and communication with God is foundational to making the connection with His Word I will need daily for living productively and effectively.

Years ago I began to set aside my early morning hours and discovered that time worked best for me - before my day's activities begin. However, I got off track, but am now back on it. What about you?

Much love,
Joseph

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My time is at night- just before I go to sleep. Babies are sleeping, Husband probably sleeping too, and have a minute to be grateful for the day, whatever that day has brought me. I need to practice the "listening" portion of the exercise though- glad you brought that thought to the table today!