Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thought For Today - 3/14/10














It use to be challenging for me to come straight out and tell friends how much I love and appreciated them.

I use to feel awkward expressing deep feelings, even to my nearest and dearest, because it is not a common practice in the world we live in. I would get choked up or embarrassed in the process, or sometimes even fear I would embarrass them.

Yet, I had those moments when I realized just how fortunate I was to have the friends I had. I came to realize it was a tremendous benefit to my friends to be at the receiving end of my appreciation.

There were also times I took writing a letter that helped me say what I wanted to say without feeling self-conscious. Additionally, those letters gave my friends the space to really take in my expression of love and the gift of being able to return to it time and again.

Anyone you want to write a letter to today? (smile)

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: