Friday, March 19, 2010

Thought For Today - 3/19/10















There are days when I talk to my sons on any subject and somehow the Word of God comes into place. They then say "Dad, let us take a seat so we can get comfortable, because we know you are about to get excited when you talk about God." I love those boys!

Yes, I get excited about talking to God. Because I know who He is, what He is to me and where I would be if I didn't know Him!

There are days when I say to God "Now what will people think of me if I do that? What if I start believing for something and it doesn't happen? I won't look too good, will I?"

But, I found out it doesn't matter how I look! It's obeying God that counts. When it comes to obeying God, my own reputation doesn't count; and the sooner I forget it, the better I will be.

But what's ironic is once I followed through on what God asked me to do, my reputation got better. It's a funny thing. When I lost that desire to protect my image, my image improved. Why? Because people were then able to see not Joseph but the image of the Lord Jesus coming through.

I said all of the above to say this, God promised He will never leave me or forsake me. I had to grab hold of that this week due to a situation I had. I had to believe it and act on it. Once I did, I again realized fear was no longer there!

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: