Monday, April 25, 2011

Thought For Today - 4/25/2011


















Many students attending Yoga classes I teach come for several reasons, including stress relief, relief from some type of body pain, just to name a couple.  However, most ended up experiencing a spiritual awaking that they were unaware of.

Now comes the part of their Yoga practice that reflects their inner being which brings up questions surrounding who they are, their purpose in life, again, just to name a couple.

I tell students when they come into the spiritual experience or awaking in this part of their Yoga practice, they now don't have a choice but to deal with the experience.

I point them to the "Word."  I point them to God.  I point them to spending time in meditation.  I also suggest them to practice Yoga (with me) as much as they can.  There is so much I'm not able to put here in this blog about this subject and experience.

I can only say that the Yoga I teach is spiritual, emotional and physical.  God is spirit, mind and body.  Yoga can and will bring you close to God.  Yoga can help bring you closer to being "whole," nothing broken and nothing missing.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: