Friday, February 5, 2010

Thought For Today - 2/5/10















The other day I was talking to my dentist and she mentioned that one should grow with grace.

With her making that statement, I thought about how people can be surprised to discover that they have limits and they have changed over time.

Their willingness to accept the limits as they reveal themselves to them can smooth their passage through life and give them the means to flourish.

On a personal note, I am learning to honor myself by focusing my attention on what I can do rather than what I'm not in position to do and it has not interfered with my ambitions unless I allow them to interfere.

You too, can thrive within your limits, actively shape your circumstances, and avoid stress or tension by simply recognizing that certain aspects of life nourish you while others will drain you, and doing your best to perceive the fine line between applying yourself diligently and overworking yourself.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: