Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend Of 8/23/08

A few notes on my weekend. It was good. I actually took a class (I was the student) at Yoga Island in Flower Mound. Great class too! I spend some time of course teaching a few Yoga classes which I always enjoy. On Saturday afternoon, I met with a friend of mines and several highly skilled Yoga instructors. My friend is opening a new Yoga studio in Dallas called Twist Power Yoga (www.twistpoweryoga.com). The studio is located at the corner of Marsh Lane and Forest Lane – next door to Sprouts. Check out their website. I’m teaching there too.

On Sunday morning, I visited a local church in North Carrollton . Later that afternoon – visited with a family who is doing mission work in Europe. This was my second gathering with them and our discussions were amazing. They are heading back the first of September to continue the work. They were only here in the States for a few weeks. One thing that came out of our discussions which was so clear - we are so blessed in America. No matter what we are facing and experiencing here - it could always be worse.

For the past several months, my heart (spirit) has been desiring to also do mission work in Europe, but especially in India. I sense a very strong pull to this country. I heard one minister say, “He wanted to go where God’s Word is hardly spoken and His light is dim in the lives of individuals.” What a powerful statement and call. I too, can relate to that statement.

OK, we are starting a new week. Many students are returning to school, college, etc. and some for the first time. So, there will be opportunities for offense to come into play. Lets’ put LOVE to work this week. Select a problem. Put LOVE (God) to work on it. Take God (LOVE) as your partner in your plan to serve and resolve the problem. You will not fail. You will have the answer!

I trust all will have a safe and prosperous week.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: