Sunday, August 17, 2008

What I Desire In A Relationship?

Hey, I really can’t believe I’m putting this info into my blog. But, here is probably a good place as any to share more personal things. I had a friend the other day ask me about male/female relationship. They wanted to know in a few sentences what I would want in a personal relationship with the opposite sex. Yep, that’s right, what you are about to read is brief and to the point. Note – it is not an ad (though I’m not currently involved with anyone).

Here they are:

  • The first thing I ask is for God to allow me to love again.
  • I will not have fear of losing my soul in a relationship.
  • I want us to be honest about our relationships and past relationships with others.
  • I want us to be honest about differences.
  • What does our spiritual connection look like?
  • Our failures are in the past – ours to keep – ours to have learned from.
  • I want to be open, honest and have emotional safety.
  • I want to build a long lasting friendship and respect for each other's character and personality.
  • I want someone with common interests, goals and values.
  • I want someone who is willing to change (as I will) and grow with me, open to and take responsibility for their part of the work in the relationship.
  • I want someone who I could share any concerns with support me in dealing with them and I will do the same for her.
  • I want someone who will trust me enough to be emotionally vulnerable and I will do the same.
  • I want someone who is compassionate and open to letting love in.
  • I don’t want to be afraid to love.
  • I do believe the time is now.

Ok, there it is.

Much love,
Joseph

1 comment:

MsTweeterBird said...

Wonderfully put! There is someone out there made just for YOU. All you have to do is dream her into life. Such a beautiful vision and I pray that God will show her to you very soon!