Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thought For Today - 1/12/10














This past weekend I was blessed to have dinner with a close friend who I wanted to take time to help me examine my experiences closely. What I discovered was my original impressions was only a part of a larger story of significance.

We peeled away the layers of a current event in my life, it became an interesting process. To begin, I relived that experience in my mind’s eye from multiple perspectives.

My interpretation of that situation was based not only on facts but also on feelings, beliefs, and my values. As I ruminated upon the experience, my friend had me spend a few moments contemplating how I felt when it began and how my feelings had changed by its end.

He asked me what abstractions, if any, it awakened in my mind. He pointed out if an experience stirs up questions within my soul, it may be that in striving to answer them a new layer of meaning may reveal itself to me. He was very correct!

More to come . . .

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: