Monday, October 4, 2010

Thought For Today - 10/4/10


















Many times I'm press to meet and talk to many students that I have to limit the conversation to just a few minutes. But, one thing I do is that 1-2 minutes, I look each student in the eye as they share with me.

Many times I listen without responding with words. I don't offer advice, suggestions, or solutions. I listen with my heart. I listen with Love. I listen with compassion. I listen as if this is the last conversation we will have.

At the end of their words. I put my arms around them, give them a big hug and tell them I love them so much!

Sometimes we just need to listen, not speak and let the love of God shine through us into that person. Many times a hug is all that is needed.

Trying hugging 10 people today without saying a word and see what happens and what you experience.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: