Monday, December 1, 2008

Thought For Today - 12/1/08

Today is December 1, 2008.

We are 31 days from 2009. Many of us have had our failures and disappointments in 2008. Some have aches and pains from these and they are haunting our memories. I was even caught up in dwelling on failures and disappointments in 2008 that they became more real to me than the promises of God.

I was so focused on them that I became weighed down in depression. I was frozen in my tracks by the fear if I let go – I would only fail again. Can you relate to this?

Well, God spoke to me. He stated I was focusing on thoughts from my past instead of the future. Unbelief looks at the past and says it cannot be done. Faith looks at the future and says it can be done and according to the promises of God!

So, as we start the last month of 2008, forget about your failures in 2008 and the past. God has already done that. He doesn’t remember them any more. Why should you?

God’s mercies are new daily. God told me to wake up every morning to a brand new world. He told me I could live life totally unrestricted by my past.

To you – replace thoughts of yesterday’s mistakes with God’s promises about your future. Let hope take the place of depression. As you do – the aches and pains that crippled you for so long will quickly leave.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: