Friday, December 12, 2008

Thought For Today - 12/12/08

I have made so many mistakes in my life. But, the mistakes have humbled me in so many ways – molding me to become the person who would do the right thing if given the chance again.

I know who I am today. I am presence. I know more about the love of God and how to walk, live and breathe in it. My experiences have helped me to be better prepared for the future.

The mistakes I made were teachers and my responsibility was to learn from them. And, the most important thing I found out in making mistakes is that God is not waiting around with a BIG bat to hit me with because of the mistakes I’ll made.

Instead, God is there – waiting to heal me, not punish me, but to correct my path – my thinking. He does not want me to pay, but to change and follow His instructions and directions.

Let me close with this verse found in Hebrews 12:2 . . .

Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. . .” (AMP Version)

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: