Friday, December 5, 2008

Thought For Today - 12/5/08

Have you ever notice that certain foods put you in certain moods?

A few times during the month, I generally go out to lunch or dinner with a few of the students that attend Yoga classes I teach. I have been gluten and wheat free going on for several months now. I have been a vegetarian for several years too.

On many occasions I’m asked will Yoga change one’s eating habits. My answer is YES! Absolutely! Look at me – I’m a living witness.

I can’t say when it will happen, but it will. As you continue your Yoga practice, you will begin to look at food different. You will find yourself eating more foods that are what is called “alive.” Such as fresh fruits, vegetables – eating food immediately after it has been harvested – not after freezing or storing.

Yoga has also given me wisdom in avoiding overeating – especially during the holidays.:) Really, what and how you eat, your approach to eating can and will affect your moods, your health, your Yoga practice and even your spiritual relationship or practice.

If you need more info on this – I would love to share my experiences.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: