Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thought For Today - 12/13/08

The weekend is back again. And, there are only a few days left for Christmas shopping. From what I can see – shopping is in full swing. For many this is a time of joy. While for others it is a time of being overwhelmed with parties with unhealthy food, gift giving, late night and stress – just to name a few.

For the past few years during this time of the season I have asked myself can I approach the holiday season in the spirit of Yoga – being present in the moment only? Can I remain calm in the mist of hustle and bustle? Can I have peace in the whirlwind of?

The question I've been asking myself lately is simply this: Can I approach the holiday season in the spirit of yoga? Can I find calmness amid the bustle? Can I find peace and joy in the whirlwind of purchasing material good?

This year I have decided to celebrate Christmas – this season of holiday by not actually giving material gifts as I have in past times. I’m going to make spiritual commitments to increase the gift of God’s love toward first – myself, family and friends and to those I come in contact with who I don’t know.

Just maybe, this can catch and others will begin to do the same – search and find the true meaning and spirit of Christmas. It’s really all about peace, happiness and the love of God.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: