Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Thought For Today - 9/30/09












As I coach students through their Yoga practice many tell me they are looking for a transformation to take place in their lives. I agree that practicing Yoga is life changing. However, it also brings self-observation and with that - transformation comes naturally.

I tell students that Yoga is a practice where they begin to accept who they are, where they are and how they are - even to the point of their spirit, mind and body. Yet, this is such a challenging thing for many to do. I tell them to try not to fix themselves, but just let who they are come forth.

This is how God wants us to come to Him . . . just as we are. God's Word will bring about transformation naturally as you seek, study and receive it. Just as Yoga in my opinion, is not a self-improvement craze, but a practice of self-acceptance. The same is true in being in fellowship with God . . . let the Word serve as a master in the rebirth of your spirit, the renewing of your mind and the retraining of your body.

This will open up the door to finding out who you really are.
Much love,
Joseph

No comments: