Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thought For Today - 11/11/09














There was once a time that I had challenges forgiving someone. I just could not do it! I called out to God about it. I prayed about it. I asked God to help me forgive. Yet, I could not forgive and the pain or hurt they did just didn't go away.

What I had to do was based my forgiveness on faith rather than feelings. I found that true forgiveness does not have anything to do with how I feel. It is an act of my will. It is based on me obeying God and having faith in Him.

In other words, when I forgave, I then consider that person forever forgiven. When that feeling would come again to try to convince me that I still have not forgiven, I had to speak out loud. I would say "no" I have forgave them by faith and I will not allow the old feelings to take root again.

To really bring it home, I had to forgive as God forgives. I had to purposely forget as well as forgive. As this happen, it was like a supernatural thing occurred on the inside of me. The pain and hurt caused by that person left.

The power of God will wash away any effect of pain and hurt as you forgive. You can leave it behind once for all. I did! And, as I did, it open up a whole new world of blessing for me.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: