Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thought For Today - 11/19/09

















As I have made it a point to walk in love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self-control, against these, outside forces will have challenges trying to come in.

When I walk, live and teach Yoga from the above attributes, it allows me sow them into the lives of the students I teach and from this I reap the joy of their success. When we do good to all at every opportunity, it means love (God) is at work in us.

As an instructor, it is not for me to criticize the students in any way, talk down to them in any way, or compare my teaching style to another instructor. If I can not be in position to serve the students, why am I teaching?

It does not matter what students can or can not do regarding poses in class. It is very important they find strength in our love for them. As they experience my love for them, the correct alignment will come (if there is a such thing as a correct pose), the ability to perform certain poses will come or not.

Faith works by love. I look at the students I'm allowed to teach through the eyes of faith - they are right where they are suppose to be.

Love is pure. Love is precious. There have been times I have check myself according to the commandment of love. I have had to forgive students who offended me and I have repented also for offending others. I am patience with the students. I love them!

As an instructor, I am here hear for the students I teach. I am committed to take them to the next level of their Yoga practice in love. As I teach, stand and watch, I see a sea of Yoga students being right where they are suppose to be.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: