Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thought For Today - 11/17/09









Everything we do should be based on love. But, without asking God for love, we cannot possess love and we are yet less able to give it to others. Just as people speak about various situations but they don't have personal experience about those various situations, I too cannot talk so much about love and yet not know how to love.

I may be exhausted with work, I may even be too tired to rest after working, but unless the work I do is interwoven with love, it is useless. For me to work without love is slavery.

I have found people (I come in contact with so many different people within the Yoga community) throughout the world may look different or have a different religion, education, or position, but they are all the same. They are the people to be loved. They are all hungry for love.

You have to possess before you can give. In order to have a mission of giving to others, you must first grow in the knowledge and love of God. You must be full of that knowledge and love.

To be able to give, you must have. Love to be true has to begin with God. If we love God, we will be able to love, and if we love, we will be able to serve.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: