Monday, November 16, 2009

Thought For Today - 11/16/09















I pray about everything I do and I always pray to see if what I am doing is in agreement with the will of God for my life. I have to allow the peace of God to be my guide in all things. If I do go about doing my own thing and realize I don't have peace about it - I don't do it!

I have learn that this inner guiding on the inside, this subtle sense of uneasiness or peace God gives me, is something I have to watch and listen for carefully. God generally will not just come face to face with you and tell you what you need to do. God primary way of communicating with me is what is called "the witness on the inside."

So, let me suggest as I do - listen. You can not be too busy about the things of the world all the time. You have to give God time and attention. You have to build a relationship and communication with Him so that you can hear and know His voice.

Side note - If you are frustrated and upset about things in going on in your life, it will be challenging to receive that quiet guidance from God. Take this advice, "be thankful, be appreciative, giving praise to God always." Maintain a thankful and grateful heart to God. In doing this, you will find it is much easier to hear the "peace" when you communicate with Him.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: