Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thought For Today - 12/17/09














There are times and moments in Yoga class where I may say something that brings about a verbal adjustment which brings more awareness and understanding to a pose. I'm doing this more now than before.

Why? I'm wanting students to experience their own adjustments that may have a greater impact on their practice. I actually have students use their hands to heighten their awareness on various poses instead of mine.

In the same manner I'm giving student verbal adjustment which they can use in their lives off the mat or outside of the classroom. As they experience adjustments outside of the classroom, it too will heighten their awareness in various situations.

This is called taking your Yoga practice everywhere you go. And, it can be also called moving from physical to mental to spiritual practice. This is the objective of Yoga bringing it all together.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: