Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thought For Today - 12/3/09


















I often tell individuals that we are defined by the decisions we make each day. It does not matter whether we are selecting a restaurant, a new career, a move to another state, these decisions will shape our lives one way or another.

When we make or chose these decisions it allows us to enjoy the benefits of self-determination. However, it can also cause anxiety because decisions force us to face the possibility of dissatisfaction and inner conflict if we don't have peace with the decisions.

As a result, many of us opt to avoid making decisions by allowing others to make them for us (I have been here too many times). We consequently turn our power over to others, such as a spouse, relative, or friend, which gives them power to and over our lives which is not there's.

From personal experience, the decisions I have to make can be challenging, but with each decision I grow more self-sufficient and secure each time I trust myself and the leading of God in choosing.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: