Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thought For Today - 12/2/09














The other day I was at the grocery store and I gave place for a complete stranger to step ahead of me in the checkout line. To me it was such a little thing, and yet it filled my heart with happiness.

What I experienced, was more than just allowing someone to step before me to checkout first. It was an affirmation of being connected to people - a stranger and, therefore, to all beings.

On the surface, being kind to others appears to arise from a sense that this is something we are suppose to do. But, on a deeper level, we all are connected, whether we want to accept it or not.

Once we break away from our self-centered point of view, it's expectations and demands, we will then be able to accept people in the simplest way, no matter what their circumstances, situations, etc., because we have been given the miracle of life to live this day.

Live today as if it is your last day. Live and love people on purpose!

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: