Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thought For Today - 11/16/08

This Sunday and this coming week - share the love of God - the love of Jesus with people. People need God in their lives. If you don't think so, you have not been looking around. This world is having challenging times and it's not getting better.

We, as lovers of God should be stepping up our efforts to reach those individuals who don't know God. You know what? It's going to take many of us working together to get this done.

The world has seen Jesus as a religious figure. We need to show Him as a Savior and a person who is approachable. I share every chance I get what God, His Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit has done for me.

People need a God that is not far away - one they can talk to. This is the kind of God I serve. I know Jesus by name and He knows me by name. Jesus wants to have the type of relationship which is easy flowing with everyone.

You want to know why I love so much? Well, it's because He loved me first and now I love. I see many confused, lost individuals daily who are without any type of direction. They are out in the world wandering, trying to live on their own and make their own way.

My job and responsibility is not to condemn them, but to show them love and how to get connected to God and find a lasting relationship with God's Son - Jesus. People really need Him for sure in their lives now. I know I do!

Much love,
Joseph

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! John 15:14-15 says "You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you."
When we love our Creator with all our heart soul mind and strength and love our neighbor as oursleves.. we are obeying His command.