Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thought For Today - 11/19/08

Another Yoga student that attends classes I teach at the 24HF Carrollton club had her baby last week. The baby was due on November 18. Tracy (the mother) was even in class on Saturday, November 8 – yet practing her Yoga for the full hot hour-long class. (smile) Tracy believed that the baby would come before November 18. The baby did. The baby came on Wednesday, November 12.

Just as Tracy believed the baby would come before November 18, many of us believe for things we desire to come to pass. The things we believe for may come instantly, the following week or even years later (I hope not that long).

Back to Tracy. As I watched her practice Yoga during class, she was always so calm. She was never anxious about any pose she performed. But, I was. (smile) In watching Tracy in her state of calmness, I remembered patience implies calmness. Calmness is the opposite of anxiety. When we are anxious about a situation, we can become so concerned about it that our minds are constantly working, trying to figure out what to do and how to do it.

My advise to you and to myself – don’t be anxious about anything!

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: