Friday, November 7, 2008

Thought For Today - 11/7/08

When I started Yoga at the age of 46 years old, it allowed me to connect with my body natural and spiritual strength in a way that I had not been able to in the past.

Yoga has brought out in me what is beautiful and inspirational. As I have mentioned in blogs before, Yoga connected me closer to my love walk with God. Yoga has also help bring to surface what I was fearful of and what I had been avoiding.

For example, I use to be afraid to do a head or handstand. When the instructor would say – go to the wall – today we are working on head and hand stands. I would just shut down on the inside – fear would kick in and stay there.

But, as I continued my Yoga practice, one day taking a class, my instructor said “wall work,” I looked at fear and said within myself “bring it on.” I then was able to do the wall work poses. Now, this didn't happen over night. It was a process. It doesn't matter how long the process takes. Just keep moving forward. And, before you know it - you will say the same words as you look fear in the eyes saying "bring it on."

As you go about this day and week and rest of the year, don’t allow fear to say unkind words to you. Don’t allow fear to bring unkind thoughts into your mind. Think about this. Would God say those unkind words or bring those unkind thoughts to you? NO! They are from darkness and it has no place in your life!

Much love,
Joseph

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey pops, this was a really good blog. It's was very inspirational. It's something that I can hold on to and apply everyday. Thank you for taking the time to write this.

- Dave