Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thought For Today - 6/14/09















Most days, I spent a lot of time waiting in traffic. This day I happened to be waiting for a police car to speed up so I could make it to a Yoga class on time I wanted to take. The police car was just cruising down the freeway, going the speed limit which was 55 mph. I begin to realize I was obsessing at this activity. I was rally investing a lot in it. My patience for this activity was fading fast.

I did make it to class and on time. After class while driving to a 7:30pm class I was teaching the same night, I also noticed how I had become impatient about my personal Yoga practice. I have been really wanting to open my hips more during certain challenging poses. But, I kept getting stuck due to an impatient state of mind which in the long run can cause problems for my practice.

Being present is all that we have, the present moment is all that we have. Patience is being present, being in the present moment! We learn in Yoga to stay present, become present, become patient, experience the "now." When we don't practice patience, we are robbed of precious time, we lose precious time of our life. We might even be robbed of finances - something that can occur when a speeding ticket is issued.:) In other words, patience is a blessing and can be financially too!

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: