Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Thought For Today - 6/3/09










OK, more personal stuff on me. There have been days that I just felt powerless regarding situations I was faced with. Circumstances took a turn I didn't care for. I felt there was nothing I could do to make it better. After sitting down with a friend, telling him what was on my mind and what I was experiencing . . . the answer came. I was not using the power or ability to love Joseph.

There were situation that I could not change, no matter what I tried to do to create something different. Putting so much energy in the thing, situations, circumstances became frustrating.

While in discussion with this friend and after each and every topic talked about came the answer. The answer was very simple - Joseph needed to love himself. Something that was long overdue.

This is not a one time thing. It is daily, hourly and even to the very minute I practice self-love. In practicing this self-love or loving myself, I also found out the discomfort I was experiencing was resisting the healing power to love myself.

Can anyone relate to this?

Much love,
Joseph

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Joseph,
I love your blogs. I can totally relate to what you are experiencing. My best friend for 25 years told me early on that I needed to love myself. Until then, I could not fully love another. It took me 35 years to finally say that I loved myself. The answer was God - my higher power. I learned that he loved me unconditionally, therefore I could love myself. This has given me so much peace and ability to love others unconditionally. As hard as it is, for me, I have to let go and let God. "Be still and know that I am God", has really helped me too! :)

Much Love,
Susan