Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thought For Today - 6/30/09








There have been times when I find myself drifting away, losing touch with myself, leaving the present and going back to the past. I found myself doing this when fear or doubt appears from a painful situation. I shut down and just ignore myself.

But with experience in this area, shutting down my body and emotions has never gotten me any where. Failure is in the past. Living in the moment - the present allows me to feel free - feel safe. Only then, do I have the power - the power on how to love and care for myself.

I learned how to trust God to help me. I learned how to enjoy life. I learned how to accept the gift of life. Only then was I able to stay present and not drift to some place in the past. In other words I learn how to heal myself from within.

Can you relate to this?

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: