Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Thought For Today - 6/2/09













A few weeks ago, I finally came to grips that I needed to accept myself unconditionally. I was surprised how comfortable I started to feel, whether I was at the movie or at a restaurant by myself.

My mind had tricked me for some time now into thinking I needed certain other people or places, certain objects or items around me, or had to live my life in a particular way to feel secure. I found out the as I relied on things and people outside myself provided a FALSE sense of security. And, false security shown itself for what it was.

I found that true security, true love was available to me, no matter who I was, where I was or what I was doing. That security came from Joseph accepting Joseph. That security came from trusting myself, trusting my heart, my wisdom and my connection to God. It was not until I accepted myself unconditionally that I felt at home.

Much love,
Joseph

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joseph,
I was reflecting on the same thing yesterday. That no matter what is to happen in my life, I can always look to God. He loves me unconditionally, and I too need to LOVE myself. Especially if I want to give that love away. Thank you for the reminder.
Much Love,
Susan