Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thought For Today - 10/18/09








Most of you would know I started my Yoga practice in November 2003 and started teaching in April 2004. Yoga as I have stated more times than few - changed my life.

This is where I actually learn about meditation. Even though the Bible speaks of meditation, I never really understood it until I started practicing Yoga and now it seemed like churches are now taking about practicing meditation. I'm yet to tuck legs behind my head (I don't believe it's impossible for me, I just need more physical practice and get a clear vision of me doing this).

The main thing Yoga has done for me more than anything else is to bring about a clearer description of the teachings of Jesus - we do everything with the idea we are preparing ourselves to serve and love God with all our being (spirit, mind, body) and serve and love others the same.

Yoga has taught me how to give and give and give and keep on giving. God stated that whatever we are due for doing His will - He will take care of it and we don't have to worry about it at all!

If you have never tried a Yoga class - let me invite you to try just one. If you are on a fast pace, Yoga will slow you down. It will help you to re-evaluate and re-prioritize things. Yoga will bring peace, rest, joy, love and balance into your life, just to name a few.

The other it will do - bring you to a closer relationship with God - All Mighty! It did for me.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: