Friday, October 30, 2009

Thought For Today - 10/30/09



















I run into many people with the idea that they have to suffer or live in poverty in order to be spiritual. This concept is also found in many Christian belief systems too.

I must admit, I use to carry this idea around subconsciously, and it actually held me back from financial or emotional well-being, believing that this is what I had to do in order to be virtuous, spiritually awake, or feel less guilty for the others who didn't have.

I find no where in the Word of God that there can be a spiritual purpose to experiencing a lack of material well-being. It can be true that material abundance can distract us from being as spiritual as we could.

But, once we recognize this and keep spiritual things at the center of our heart, there is no reason to dwell in poverty. In fact I have personally found that once my spiritual connection with God was fully intact, I now feel so compelled to share my abundance and lack has become a thing of the past!

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: