Friday, October 2, 2009

Thought For Today - 10/2/09











I have talked about this in previous blogs, there is a change in the air. Transitions are coming whether you desire them or like them or not - they are coming. And, they are coming on your Yoga mat and off your Yoga mat.

I have come to the place in my life where I have a new found respect for my Yoga practice and my spiritual walk or practice with God. I have a new resolve to be more thoughtful in my transitions that God has placed before me and the transitions I am working with or on my Yoga mat.

I will no longer rush to the destination of the next pose in my Yoga practice. I will no longer rush to the destination of the next phase of my life. I will be mindful that the transitions I'm facing are a true experience of who I am. I know I'm not alone in this.

Don't allow the urgency in your mind or muscle to drive you to race hurriedly to the destination pose of place in your life to find some relief. You will find your true self as you take your time and arrive when you are suppose to at that destination.

I often tell students who attend the Yoga classes I teach that everything we do in Yoga consists of some type of core work. But, I also tell them to don't forget to breath - breathe and take your time moving from one transition to the other.

Your Yoga practice is a mirror of your life. It's all about loving and experiencing the joy the journey.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: