Friday, October 23, 2009

Thought For Today - 10/23/09















It seems as if Fall is upon us. The weather is becoming cooler or cold at times. I have in the past during cold weather - shrug my shoulders, huddle into myself and even grit my teeth during walking from one place to another.

However, as I have been doing Yoga, I now stand straight. I'm more open to all things. I no longer fight the world around me.

Yes, your skin may get dry and cracked, your mood less optimistic as we face some periods of darkness and cold for the next few month. But, as I often tell students in Yoga classes - don't fight the pose - just breathe.

So for you, why not align yourselves with the season? Accept that there is change in the world around us. Let us embrace and accept and celebrate the changes within ourselves. (I am!) When we are in togetherness with those changes--both outside and in - true peace will come to you!

No comments: