Monday, October 19, 2009

Thought For Today - 10/19/09

















There will come a time in your life when you will have the strength to stand up for what you believe; you will persevere in the face of challenges and obstacles; you will speak and act in the service of an ideal; and you will find yourself protecting those who are too weak to fight for themselves. This strength and perseverance will come from within - the within being God.

The strength and ability is already in you. You just need a start point. A starting point can begin for example, taking a stand for yourself in a certain relationship or situation, or you may have a vision you want to realize, and you know you will need the courage, energy, and strength that only God can provide for you to succeed. Similarly, if you find that you often feel scared, anxious, or powerless, going within will be the antidote you need.

One excellent way to cultivate the presence of your God within you is to choose a role model who embodies the qualities of bravery, strength, and vitality. What better model would there be as Jesus Christ - the Son of the Most High God?

Begin to spend time in prayer, meditation on Him (Jesus). Ask Jesus to live within you - giving you the same potential, supernatural energy, supernatural power that He has which makes you capable of handling any situation.

I did and it worked!:)

Much love,
Joseph

1 comment:

Angela Hoffman said...

Hi Joseph! You probably don't know me, but I'm one of your students in Little Elm. I was the one who told you I used to attend Suze's class several years ago. Anyway, after reading a few of your blogs I just thought I'd share that I use resting pose as a mini prayer time. I love that time to just thank Jesus for all that He's done in my life and submit anything that's on my heart. Just thought I'd share. Will miss you in Fridays.