Friday, October 9, 2009

Thought For Today - 10/9/09












The other day after class, one of the students text me to asked if I was now in a relationship with the opposite sex. My answer was no. Then I asked her why she ask? She said she had notice within the last month I had a glow about me; I had pep in my step; I seemed happier than she has ever seen me.

My answer to her was I had fallen back in love with God or come to a deeper love with God. I suppose when we see people as she saw me – different than before – we immediately come to the conclusion they are in love or have found love. She was correct!:)

As mentioned in previous blogs, change is in the air. The major change for me was falling in love again with God! I even prayed that my love for God would just stir up my mind of remembering when I first fell in love with God.

That love is build into my memory now so that I think of my love for God before I get dressed in the morning. My mind is renewed to it that I think of it when I leave my home every day, or sit down at the table to eat, and even before I go to bed at night.

One more thing, because I keep my love for God on our minds like this, it changes how I interact with people. No matter what they say or do to me, my first thought is to respond in love. If I disregard that thought by yielding to the flesh and acting in a way that’s unloving, I will immediately be aware that I have been disobedient, and I will repent. Then I will get right back on track.

Much love,
Joseph

1 comment:

Lorri said...

Hi Friend....Miss your class.