Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thought For Today - 7/15/09









With the way things are going on in the world today, the stresses of our society make us feel like peace is a million miles away. In reality it may also seem like God is a million miles away. I have found that keeping a strong Yoga practice shows me it's right in my reach. It only reinforces what the Bible speaks about peace. As a teacher both of Yoga and ministry, I have made it my goal to help individuals I come into contact with with certain tools that will help them to cultivate peace on and off their Yoga mats.

While we have external peace - obtaining internal peace can be challenging. From personal experience, no matter what is happening outside, when I come into my inner spirit, I am at peace. I find that place where I can communicate with God. It does not matter if I'm driving on a freeway or in line at the grocery store, I have peace that surpasses understanding.

Let's take time to be peaceful and calm. When we are calm we can become more focus. When calmness and peace is ours, we are receptive to our soul. We allow ourselves the fellowship with God on a very personal level. This can be one of the greatest gifts I can share with you!

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: