Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thought For Today - 7/26/09















Over the past several weeks (maybe months) a few of the classes I teach Yoga in numbers have grown to over 100 per class. This was something that has not just happen over night. I remember when I first started teaching in April 2004 there were only 4-7 individuals attending class. This was on the high side too.:)

The large numbers now in the classes has brought with it challenges such as having a room large enough to fit everyone, having the room at the right temperature, being able to adjust and so forth.

However, one issue that has really struck my attention is the lack of community from some that attend the classes. It has been very challenging to just get individuals to move their mats closer in order for all to fit in class.

The other night I was amazed when I ask individuals to move their mats closer and they answered "no." This was their space and they didn't want to share. Now this is a Yoga class - where love should flow within each person and throughout the room.

As I went home that night I must admit I was somewhat challenged with the reactions of those individuals. I actually had to turn away several students from class that night due to this situation.

I spent time in meditation and prayer over this - pondering how to get students to the place of love and community. The next day - the answer came clear. I was to continue to walk in love and actually begin each class with a few minutes on loving one another. This is what is lacking - love for one another.

My assessment now is including to help individuals to open their hearts and keep them open. Only then will they experience miracles which will unfold right before their eyes.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: