Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thought For Today - 7/30/09



















Well, it seems like I have been talking about meditation a lot lately. Some years ago meditation helped me lose many, many pounds of weight. I had to change the mental image of myself in order for that to had happen. Meditation will help you change images of yourself.

I actually use to get up 3am or 4am to spend that time with God and meditation. I spent years developing the wrong image of myself. So, it was going to take time and EFFORT to change the images.

Of course, it seemed nearly impossible to crawl out of my sleeping and stumble to my place of communion with God and meditation on His Word. However, during and after the time of fellowship, of course, I was grateful for making the choice to get up.

I had to cast down the wrong kind of imaginations. Yes, there were times creating the new images was challenging because darkness and the old images were blocking the way.

It is in that instant of choice when spiritual awakening is made, or deferred—not just in the time when you choose to commune with God and meditate on any given day, but in every instant of every day.

Every choice we make is either governed by your ego or governed by the leading of the Spirit of God. In the moment of choice, you might ask yourself "Does this serve God?" or more specifically, "Am I coming from ego or coming from being led by the Spirit of God?"

Most mornings when I would get up at 3am or 4am, my spirit won the inner dialogue and I made it to place of communion with God and meditation; some days I allowed the ego to govern and I chose to sleep in. The point, however, is not to beat yourself up if you succumb to the ego. Whatever the outcome, it is progress simply to recognize that you have a choice, and to bring mindfulness to that choice.

My choice is communing with God.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: