Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thought For Today - 7/22/09















My life is pretty simple. My behavior is to really be conscious about what I eat, drive, purchase and how to walk more in the love of God. My Yoga teacher Baron Baptiste stated many times during my teacher training with him "Less is more." I'm at the point in my life where I am making more time for doing the things I love and this can only come from simplifying my life.

I want to encourage you to look at your life. I want to encourage you to start living a simply life. I try not to have a lot of unnecessary things around myself and I don't hanker after what other people may have. Desire for external things can and has caused much suffering for many. Finding God is finding peace and happiness within.

Would I like that special someone to join me in my simple life? You know it!!!

I really don't think you can truly begin your spiritual journey until you recognize that happiness can not be bought. If you are seeking peace, truth and a meaningful relationship with God, you will become aware and stop mindlessly acquiring possessions.

My Yoga practice has really helped me with my walk with Christ - the more I simplify and do my practice, the more I find strength and certainty within. And, because of the certainty within, that special someone is coming.:)

Much love,
Joseph

2 comments:

Clarence Thomas III said...

Joseph,

Great blog today. I went back and read a few that I've missed. You can always vent to me. I enjoyed class tonight by the way!

See you Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I am impressed! You know why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,I