Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thought For Today - 7/29/09



















Meditation - let me talk about this again. Meditation is not as mysterious as most Christians believe it is. Some have looked at me weird or became critical of my statements "I meditate." I have been told that is sounds like positive thinking (what is wrong with that?) or transcendental meditation. But, I'm not talking about this form of meditation.

Meditation is found in many religions, including Judaism. Scriptural (Biblical) medication simply means focusing or thinking about and reflecting on the Word of God. It means putting your attention on a particular scripture and mentally applying it to your personal situation again and again until that scripture permanently gets into your spirit and becomes part of your consciousness.

Meditation is so important because it can affect our lives in a way that nothing else can. Meditation can change or alter your mind.

The Bible speaks of meditation in Joshua 1:8. Let this be an example for you. Use it to change the inner images that have held you back for so long. You will find just as Joshua and many others in the Bible, including myself, that it is truly one of God's most effective for success!

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: