Monday, July 6, 2009

Thought For Today - 7/6/09















I often tell students they must trust me when I'm assisting them in certain flying or balancing poses. It really is a requirement in their (and yours) Yoga practice. Many times I tell students what they learn in class carries out into their personal life, including trusting.

We often don't consider the issue of trust in a Yoga class until a challenging poses is asked to be performed such as crow, flying crow, head/hand stands, etc. I generally stand close to students who are attempting theses poses for the first time. They learn that balance is much easier to achieve when they simply trust my presence, my strength, my guidance. Only then are they are able to relax into the pose.

But, there are also times when students have a crash landing or two, or three or four. Yet, in the crashing, they learn to trust themselves.

If you are having situations in your life, be mindful you must trust yourself and God to get you through them. Unlike me, God's strength, guidance and presence far exceeds what I do.

Start trusting God for simple things. Starting trusting yourself to practice a handstand. The principle is the same. TRUST!

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: