Friday, July 24, 2009

Thought For Today - 7/24/09














I'm having to learn to appreciate myself all over again or maybe for the very first time. There have been times (and still some) that I would just constantly drive myself to grow and improve. I had to catch myself from doing this to others.

I now tell myself - take it easy, take it one day at a time (some days one hour at a time), no more pushing. My heart has been telling me to appreciate what I already do. I also had to learn how to say "NO." I was denying myself of any feeling of satisfaction of things I had done in the past. I had develop a habit of just not being good enough or doing enough.

I needed a break. I needed to get away. I needed to take a real break. I gave myself permission to stop pushing, stop saying "Yes." I now value my time. I now applaud my own efforts. I have fallen in love with Joseph.

I even speak to my body - telling the members how much I love and appreciate them for putting up with me. Want to know what I heard in one conversation? I'm doing better than I thought.

Love yourself today!

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: