Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Re-Connect With A Friend

I received an email this morning from a dear friend. One whom I have not seen or heard from in a few years. His email stated I had been on his heart for sometime now. Last night, I was there again. But, this time he was impressed to goggle me on the Internet in an attempt to locate me. He found me via the www.yogastylefitness.com website.

Proverbs 18:24(b) says "...there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." This particular verse is really taking about God. However, Ray (who I received the email from) is really this kind of friend.

We lost contact a few years back. He moved to another city, we both got busy with things, our fellowship slipped. I'm so glad he contacted me. We talked today over the phone for around an hour. We mainly talked about how we will get together on a regular basis, start where we left off when we last met.

Inside information: Ray and I are both ordained ministers. We pastored churches together, sat on religious boards together. We did lots of many other things together in the ministry. There were times when I didn't have a place to stay, food to eat, nor transportation. Ray was there, being a true friend when I was in need of help. One time, he even bailed me out of jail. Yes, you read the last sentence correct. Even in this, never was their condemnation from him.

Often in our lives, we don't realize the significance of a relationship until later, sometimes much later, after the experience has passed. Only then we can understand how that person helped us along our way, took us to the next chapter in our life.

Looking back I remember things I learned from Ray, lessons of courage, love, forgiveness, gentleness and self-love. Back to the phone conversation, Ray and I were both grateful, happy and joyful that we had helped each other this day by re-connecting.

Much love,
Joseph

No comments: